A while back, I aimed for ‘new’ throughout a weekend.
Here are the results.
- Listen to new music. [More new music: I turned on a new Comcast/Music Choice Channel called Stage and Screen–music made famous in notable film scores, television, and the Broadway stage.]
- Start a new book. Still reading Astrophysics for …
- Walk/Hike at a new location. [We hit a trail in town that we hadn’t visited for at least two years. That qualifies as ‘new’ to me. Will still aim for a new one tomorrow, perhaps the Beazell Memorial Forest.]
- Cook a new dish. [Actually, did a variation on my chocolate chip cookies and stuffed them–one with almond butter and the other with…
- Make a new item at tomorrow’s Maker Faire at the university. [Yep, made a block print of two rabbits. Will be putting it up on Etsy for $1000, though there’s that little obstacle of actually creating an Etsy account…and setting up a store…, well you get the idea.]
- Buy a dish from one of the food trucks downtown. [Didn’t get there. And still haven’t! I’m a failure! I think I’ll go celebrate my failure with a trip to Saffron Kabob.]
- Use a new app/computer program.
- Create web content with a new app.
- Use a new setting on one of my cameras. [I used three different settings. Photos and setting labels to be added.]
- Add one or two new exercises to my resistance workout. [Yep. Went to YouTube for some great demo’s.]
- Plant the new tomato starts I bought this week. [I bought sweet pepper starts and shelling pea starts today for $1.12 apiece. Couldn’t go wrong. Planting will happen tomorrow.]
- Add a new chapter to my middle grade book. [Not quite. Did do some outlining, however.]
- Create two more new blog posts this weekend. [Added some on two other blogs.]
Still happy with my realization that I can have the best of both worlds–working Monday through Friday and retired on the weekends.
Please add comments about your own search for daily enrichment, no matter how small. If it resonates with you, then it counts as important and interesting.