We retirees might as well take a little advice from those who’ve been there.
One of my favorite blog posts is WritetoDone’s 201 Ways to Jump Start Your Creativity. It’s one of those gifts that keeps on giving.
Here are a few suggestions from two of the contributors to the list:
- Quit beating yourself up. You can’t create when you feel ass-whipped.
- Stop visualizing catastrophes, and focus on positive outcomes.
- Get away from the computer. Take pen and notebook, and go somewhere new.
From Dan Goodwin’s Wakeful Ways at A Big Creative Yes
- Recall your creative triumphs. It means you can create something equally wonderful, if not more so, again. In fact you can go out and create it today.
- Count your blessings. As well as feeling happier, it will inevitably help you be more creative too.
- Choose just one creative aim for the day. What one creative project can you begin/continue/finish today?
So, following Goodwin’s advice, take at least one creative step forward today.