Aaaand, we’re back with more boost your creativity tips from 201 Ways to Jump Start Your Creativity.
A few rules from Steve Pavlina
- Define a clear purpose. Vague intentions don’t trigger the flow state.
- Identify a compelling motive. You need a reason to be creative.
- Architect a worthy challenge. If a task is too easy, you don’t need to be particularly creative, so your creative self will simply say, “You can manage this one without me.”
Creative encouragement from Jacob Cass at Just Creative Design
- Mindmap. Whether you use key words, images, colours, a hierarchy system, numbers, outlines, circles or random words, mindmapping gets your creative juices flowing.
- Be in the moment. Athletes call this ‘being in the zone‘. Give full attention to whatever you are doing: eating, washing dishes, making your bed.
- Practice asking yourself how to do something differently.