So there I was last week harping at you folks about the power of warming up.
I can’t think of a better way to get that hamster wheel humming than:
This gem by Claudia Azula Altucher is just 99 cents on Kindle. [And I think it’s always been 99 cents.]
The book challenges you to arrive at ten or more possible ideas addressing each of the 180 prompts/questions. Check your editor/internal naysayer at the door.
It was just a matter of time before I was creating my own prompts tailored to my interests.
Great fun. Do it!
10 Reasons for Idea Fluency [I’m doing this on the fly…bear with me.]
- It loosens the imagination.
- It reminds you what it’s like to engage in free thinking.
- It might well lead you to a winning idea. By ‘winning’, I mean one that spurs you to action.
- It breaks routines that stultify our thinking.
- Your brilliance may well surprise you.
- It can open you up to new literature, art, or music.
- It can open up your senses to what’s going on around you.
- It keeps you sharp. Idea-hatching shifts those brain cells from ‘passive consumer’ to ‘active producer’ mode.
- You look at things differently. Everything can be a springboard for ideation.
- It can kickstart and liven up your daily journal.